The Government has introduced Independent Supporters to support families, children and young people with SEND (Special Educational Needs and/ or Disabilities) through the change from Statements of Special Educational needs to the new Education Health and Care Plans (EHC Plan)
As Independent Supporters we are independent of the local authority and offer a range of, confidential, impartial information and support through the conversion process to an EHC plan this is between 15-20 weeks.
Our aim is to enable you to participate confidently through this transition.
Who do Insights ISS support?
- Families with children who have SEN and disability needs
- Families with children transitioning from a Statement of Special Needs to an EHC Plan
- Young people with a Learning Disability (LDA) converting to an EHC Plan
- Young people age 16-25 transferring from a Statement of Special Needs to an EHC Plan (Between the ages of 16-25 a young person is entitled to meet with an Independent Supporter without parental consent.)
What can Insights ISS do for you?
- Ensure you understand everything and can fully participate in the assessment
- Help the parent of young person to transfer a statement to an EHC Plan
- Ensure your views, needs, wishes and that of your child’s are included in the assessment
- Attend meetings with you for support
- Act as a named contact person for the parent or young person throughout the assessment and planning process
- Assist you in drafting letters and any other supporting paperwork
- Check your EHC Plan with you to ensure it meets the needs of your child to achieve the goals set
- Signpost or refer you to other support or specialist services if required
- Ensure access to the ‘Local Offer’ and provide information on how to use it
- Provide you and your child with information on personal budgets where appropriate
- Assist you to liaise with a range of agencies and help you gather the information required for an EHC plan
How to access Insights ISS service?
Tel: 0208 840 9099 or 07943 078 288
Where to find us:
Independent Support Service
The Intuition Learning Centre
1st Floor, Craven Road W5 2UA
Trains A 10 minute walk from Ealing
Broadway Tube Station (District & Central line)
Buses 207, 427, 83, E1, E2, E7, E11
Drop In Sessions:
We offer an opportunity to discuss your circumstances face-to-face with specialist staff. Just drop in and see us between
65, Aspenlea Road, London W6 8LH
Days and Times:
Mondays 9:30-12:30 (Term-Time Only) | Tuesday 4:00-6:00 (Term-Time Only)
Wednesday 9:30-13:00 (Appointment Only, Please call for appointment)
Thursday 9:30-13:00 (Appointment Only, Please call for appointment)
Mobile: 07943 078 288
Other useful organisations
Independent Parental Special Education Advice (IPSEA)
General Advice Line: 0800 018 4016
Tribunal Help Line: 0845 602 9579